One of the main reasons why people have jewelry appraisals is for insurance purposes. Jewelry appraisals is recommended, especially for expensive jewelry. You are protecting not only the jewelry’s monetary worth, but also its sentimental value.
Here are some points to keep in mind in the jewelry appraising process:
- It should achieve the ultimate purpose of the appraisal.
- It should have a clear description of the grading process and measurements used.
- It should provide a definitive statement of value with seal or signature by an authorized appraiser.
- It should have the statement of the appraisal purpose in the certificate.
- You should have an open discussion with the appraiser for any question or feedback.
For those who might simplify jewelry appraisals as merely looking close at a piece of gemstone with a magnifying glass, maybe putting it on a weighing scale, there is more to it actually than just checking the outer appearance. Jewelry appraising is, in fact, a recognized profession, just like medical doctors, certified accountants and lawyers.
Jewelry and diamond appraising, just like most professions, also has different levels. The following are some of the ranks and titles recognized:
Jeweler – one who can manufacture and repair jewelry, including ones that utilize diamonds
- Graduate Jeweler – a jeweler who is a graduate of the Gemological Institute of America, finishing the required courses and passing the necessary examinations
- Stone Cutter – person engaged in cutting, polishing gemstones
- Graduate Gemologist – a graduate of the Graduate G
- emologist program, which involes Theory and Practical examinations
- Fellow of the Gemological Association of Great Britain – one of the highest ranks for those who are engaged in the identifying and appraising gemstones
The best diamond jewelry stores can probably give you good diamond appraisals. To be sure, try to check the credentials of their diamond appraisers
You have probably have heard of the word “appraising” when it comes to Diamond appraisals, precious stones and minerals. To appraise means to determine the quality and value, how much is it worth.
With diamonds, appraisals are much attached to it as people love to lavish at the thought of possessing a very valuable diamond. Such is diamond appraising that it is quite essential to the economics of the gemstone.
For those who might simplify diamond appraisals as merely looking close at a piece of gemstone with a magnifying glass, maybe putting it on a weighing scale, there is more to it actually than just checking the outer appearance. Diamond appraising is in fact a recognized profession, just like medical doctors, certified accountants and lawyers.
True diamond appraisers are people who have undergone proper educational courses and training. A good diamond appraiser is somebody who has knowledge in Gemology, the art and science of gemstones. This is quite important as appraisal starts with identifying the item, making sure it is a genuine diamond. Anything less would make one ineffective in giving diamond appraisals.
Diamond appraising, just like most profession, also has levels. Depending on the store or shop, they may employ diamond appraisers with varying levels.
This is all part of K&C services for the last 100 years.